Tuesday, June 8, 2010

KB971033 breaks RemoveWAT?

I have updated the information on this post to be relevant for 2012

It would appear that the Hazar forum is no longer and the entry on mydigitallife is now somewhat dated.

The release of KB971033 seems to be key to the operation of the Windows 7 Activation hack. As I am using the Daz loader I had not cause to try the Hazar solution.

All my computers where I have installed 7 and applied the Loader KB971033 has been downloaded and installed - ALL the systems are indicating that they are Genuine and nothing seems to have been detected by the process installed as a consequence of the Microsoft update.


Is this the case with RemoveWAT?
If you are a user of RemoveWAT and found that it has now stopped working since KB971033 please comment.

Also the procedure for making Windows updates could do with some experienced description (i.e. restoring WAT applying updates and removing WAT again)

1 comment:

ACT said...

A visit to my other post:
Using Task Scheduler to monitor and disable WAT (KB791033)