Friday, June 11, 2010

Why it is not in Microsoft's interest to "fix" Windows 7 piracy

The computer users that know how to defeat the Activation Technologies are the very same as those that are likely to sing praises for Microsoft in how they have improved their operating system.

They are are the same users that if faced with the choice of installing a free copy of Windows 7 or sticking with what they have (or even installing a "cracked" copy of XP), would not bother.

The users that don't know, think that it is too hard or have fell for the FUD, are the ones that will actually buy Windows 7 and they are the ones that are likely to get "screwed" by WAT malfunctioning. (If it does)

For my part Vista, XP and Linux all work well for me - the "average Joe" doesn't have the opportunity, inclination or desire to do anything else apart to accept what is offered currently in the stores.
I do not see why I should "upgrade" to a system that is working well and enables me to do ALL that I want to on the hardware I own (even new hardware).

Going forward with Windows 8

Microsoft seemed to have worked out a way to stop piracy with Windows 8.

2 comments:

Chester said...

Direct Visit

Conover said...

fix 0x80030309