Thursday, November 25, 2010

AVG finally shoots itself in the foot


 
What with all the nonsense about "Needing to update my Anti Virus Software" and the offers of ancillary products when I do. I finally decided to give MS Security Essentials a try out.

AVG 2011 Free Edition is just too much of a pain! Final straw was the constant placing of an icon on my desktop(s)**** - trivial I know! but it is just one of the annoyances that have been bugging me of late with them.

**** I run multiple computers with Windows on them and have been installing AVG Free on them as a matter of course. Although no fan of Microsoft I think that I will be switching over to their free A-V offering. Ubuntu Linux is the preferred solution, but in instances where I have to use Windows I may as well keep it as "pure" as possible.

No comments: