Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Google Plus +

G+ - Google's answer to Facebook and Twitter

The trouble is that I remain to be convinced that Social Media is something that benefits the consumer or just something that the providers of these networks see as a business opportunity.

I wasn't invited to participate in the beta trials - I would not have taken it up even if I had. The "Real Name" issue is a deal breaker for me as the ability to maintain an alias or anonymity is important to me.

A quote from Google:
 
Our ultimate ambition is to transform the overall Google experience, making  t beautifully simple, almost automagical as we understand what you want and  can deliver it instantly. This means making identity and sharing into all of  our products so that we build a real relationship with our users. Sharing on  the web will be like sharing in real-life across all user stuff. You'll have  better more relevant search results and adds. Think about it this way. Last  quarter, we shipped the Plus and now we're going to ship the Google part.

By the "Google part" I guess they mean all the Social Web motherhood?

The "+" button
This is Google's method to capture activity streams.

No comments: