Thursday, November 10, 2011

Blog Spam

The Spamming of Blogs and websites.

The following are some examples, not exhaustive, and more will be added as I re-post from my website and as they come in.

Blog Spam is the unsolicited approach by the vendors of products to owners of blogs in the hope that they will promote the products. Often a free copy of the software or some other incentive is offered.

Another popular tactic is for a spammer to make a comment on a blog posting. The comment often contains a link to the website or business that they are trying to promote. Depending on the sophistication of the spammer the comment may have a click-able link (A tag or Hyperlink) embedded in the comment. If I see comments like this and I determine that the comment was made just for that purpose I will either delete the comment or I will re-post it with the hyperlink removed.

I started a page previously, but this will be the main page.

No comments: