Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Alternative DNS services

I had been using ZoneEdit for a while without major problems. It was sometimes slow but proved to be reasonably reliable considering that it was a free service.

I was a little dubious about paying for additional nameservers, this was based on the negative reviews that I had read and the fact that the speed of web access was acceptable to me.

I looked at a few other DNS offerings and I was prepared to pay for a service. The service that I thought would be the service that I would go with was DynDNS (if I were to go with a paid service). Other services I looked at included:
Subsequently to the research that I performed earlier, I now find that I can manage my DNS needs with the service the I have been using for the last 8 years.

No comments: