Thursday, April 12, 2012

The choice of an Independent VPN

When you connect through a VPN it is the IP address of the VPN that appears as the origin of your activity.

Well, this is the case under IPv4 addressing - this may well change when IPv6 is adopted.

In an earlier website posting I discussed the use of an independent VPN service that could be used in place of some of the more well known services that you see advertized on sites that  you would be interested in if you have found this posting. While I am in the process of reposting much of the material and I am aware that this topic is still of great interest, judging by the cache access of the former pages on my website, I will not be expending this topic past what I had before.

I will be posting my analysis of IPv6 connectivity and security as I think that it is going to be increasingly important as we go forward in the development of communication and network services. These are still relatively early days in the development of these systems and not only are we likely to run out of IPv4 addresses there are increased security concerns that can both create new vulnerabilities and provide solutions for individual identification with the WWW.

Links:


1 comment:

Cologne said...

Please let us know what VPN service you use!