Tuesday, April 24, 2012

DNS Zone Management

As ZoneEdit seems to be down and I was interested in how to assign my domain name so that it could be pointed at a Google Blogger blog, I have been taking another look at the DNS Management offerings of my domain registrar.

It now looks like I don`t need to use a service such as ZoneEdit anyway.  Reading the Google help for using your own domain name for your blog I was confused that ZoneEdit did not have a specific setting for CNAME referrals.


It now looks like I can set my A records to whatever IP address that I like and I can use my registrars nameservers. This is new and was not available when I started to use ZoneEdit.

My nameservers are still set to ZoneEdit`s default servers - at the present time this is OK as I am not currently maintaining tempusfugit.ca as an  independently hosted website.

It also looks like I could set my website (Domain) to point at a Google Blogger blog. I am not doing so at the present time. I now have the option of either resurrecting my own server or using Google.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just desire to say your article is as astounding. The clearness on your put up is just nice and that i could
assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow
me to clutch your feed to stay updated with forthcoming post.
Thank you a million and please keep up the rewarding work.