Saturday, April 14, 2012

Rogers ITE iPad Data Plans

The sign-up for a data plan for the New iPad was surprisingly easy

The `Flex`plan seemed like a good idea.

The No activation fee and UNLIMITED for first 2 months also sounded too good.

It does make me think what the plan that was offered to me at BestBuy when I purchased the 3 New iPads last month. I seem to remember that there was a $100 coupon that would effectively give you a $40 cash back (after deducting the $5 per month for a year).

What I don`t understand is how that the BB plan was better as the first 2 months are likely to be the high usage months and if there wasn`t an unlimited period it would be easy to burn through $37 (or more) in the first 2 months.

I would not be surprised that the usage will be quite manageable after the novelty has worn off. The monthly usage is likely to be in the 200M range - we shall see. Even if the 250M tier is exceeded the $37 is not too bad.

No comments: